Friday, September 07, 2007

Dreaming...

If I could afford it this is where I would buy real estate. I've been through Amsterdam a couple of times, first when I was seven (passing through on our family's trip to Poland) and distinctly remember the canals, toast and jam for breakfast and walking through the museums. Dave and I visited good friends a few years back and I was taken with the climate (gloomy, rainy weather is my preference), the bicycles, and the mix of cultures. Quite a tastey time was had. Where do you belong?
You Belong in Amsterdam

A little old fashioned, a little modern - you're the best of both worlds. And so is Amsterdam.
Whether you want to be a squatter graffiti artist or a great novelist, Amsterdam has all that you want in Europe (in one small city).

3 comments:

Marti said...

Ah, the survey says Paris for me. Never been. But I KNOW I love Amsterdam!

There's a heavenly city that will suit all of us. But maybe my suburb and your small town will have to do in the meanwhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

My sister-in-law lives in Herentals Belgium, not a city, but almost perfect in every way. Otherwise, the small town of Thame in Oxforshire England is my favorite European place to live.

Anonymous said...

From the "I Didn't Lick it Off the Ground" Files:

You Belong in Dublin
Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town

Valerie