Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Liam is 3

This can't be. No way. I don't believe it. No way! I'm too old for this. This isn't possible. NOOOO! Two strips on the stick told me I was pregnant. Unbelievable. How do I tell Dave. We had 3 kids - 8, 10 and 13. We were a family. Complete. Or so I thought. Into our lives, 3 years ago came Liam David Moody.

While I was pregnant we were constantly debating what to name him. Owen, Eammonn, Noah, Liam. There was no peace. Nothing sounded, felt quite right. Aidan called him Jack. And Jack kind of stuck. There are a lot of fictional characters that we liked: Jack Bristow (Sidney's father and the now defunct Alias), Jack O'Neill (captain of Star Gate), Jack Bauer (need I describe who he is to you!). Jack was a complete name, yet it lack a little...dignity, uniqueness and it didn't really blend with our Celtic/family heritage. But Jack stuck. We signed the birth certificate Liam David but he goes by Jack. Hey, it's C.S. Lewis' nickname too!

What an addition he's been to our family. It's so difficult to remember life without him. Sometimes we call him "Hurricane Jack" because he can destroy the neatness of a room in 30 seconds flat. He's quite the athlete. Can spiral the football, pitch a baseball, and dunk the basket. He's full of energy and loves to be the center of attention - which he usually is. He's brought something into our family - completeness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jack....Love you soooooo much. Hugs and Kisses. Oma and Opa

Dave Moody said...

Amen. Miss you guys soooo much. I tuly am not complete without you.

much love,
dm

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!!! It's great being with you and your nutty family. So glad we got to spend your birthday with you, and we'll have fun this weekend going to the movies, bowling, eating pizza, and having a pool party,

And now I am going to go on the record with the fact that it was I who first nicknamed you Jack, as in Jack Sparrow, and I even think I might have somewhere the name prediction slips we filled out that Christmas night.

Jack, Liam, Aaron Rochester, whatever name you go by now or in the future, I will love you forever and ever!!!

Smile,
Auntie Valerie

Anonymous said...

Happy happy b'day!

I love how God made you as a 6-some, for the completeness thing.

Looking fwd to our reunion, at some point.

Paul M.