Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WFMW - Vinegar


This is my first WFMW entry. I will participating in the blog carnival semi-regularly (depending upon my ingenuity). Click here and you will go to Rocksinmydryer. She organizes this carnival and there are many, many entries. I've learned alot of hosuhold and parenting tips here. Enjoy!

Vinegar is a wonder. I use it for cooking, cleaning, disinfectant and medicinally. This WFMW will focus on vinegar as an antacid.
I used to get heartburn alot. I read somewhere that the problem isn't too much acid but too little. Red-wine vinegar helps balance out the acid in your stomach. Now I take a tablespoon of red-wine vinegar when I have heartburn. It's a little rough going down but within 30 seconds the heartburn is gone!
For more fascinating information on vinegar go to the Vinegar Institute. Pucker up!

3 comments:

Karen Putz said...

I just participated in my first Works for me Wednesday too-- on using vinegar to kill weeds! :)

Marti said...

Vinegar for heartburn - will have to try that!

Dawn said...

I get terrible heartburn. I'm almost scared to try using vinegar but if it works it will be worth it. I'll choke it down the next time I get heartburn (which will probably be tonight) and hopefully I'll get good results. Thanks for the tip.