Saturday, August 11, 2007

If it's broke...

You've heard the saying if it AIN'T broke, don't fix it. Well, sometimes if it is broke there's not much you can do but give it time to fix itself.

So goes the saga of my toe. We went to the ER today, because the swelling on my toe has not gone done. Lo, and behold, the x-ray shows - it's broken. Now there's not much one can do with a broken toe. Can't take it out on the town, no dancing and rabble-rousing, no bowling, and certainly no soccer. All you can do with a broken toe is lay around and wait for it to heal. The doc said a couple of weeks should do it.

So now I feel absolutely justified in my pain. I can smile and wince with the satisfaction of knowing on a scale of 1 to 10, my pain level of 4 is warranted.

2 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Ugh! I am sorry. I went through broken toes a few years ago. It really is just a matter of waiting and trying not to kick any soccer balls around. ;-)

Kristiem10 said...

I have done that before. Broken toes hurt. I hope it heals quickly for you.