Tuesday, July 22, 2008

News Coverage of the Election

You know I don't like to get political in my blog. Well, not too much but something's been eating away at me of late and I just have to get it off my chest and  onto my blog to ask your opinion. 

It's been made quite apparent that Barack Obama has millions and millions to spend on his campaign. And it's been made quite apparent that his "war-chest" is larger than McCains. What I've been noticing is how much coverage  is given to Obama vs. McCain. Whenever I watch the network news (not to often, thank goodness) or click on cnn.com, foxnews.com or even the drudge report it seems there is a massive disparity between the stories presented on these two candidates. For example: yesterday morning on cnn.com there are six stories on Obama (granted one of them is about Giuliani criticizing Obama's lack of experience, but hey, it's still coverage). The only story on McCain was comparing his cash availability to Obamas. 

So, my question, why does Obama need more money than McCain when the news will give all the coverage he can get for free???

No comments: