Monday, July 28, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Visit the simplewoman for more journal entries

Outside my window...
The rain which poured down last night is evaporating off the street. There are still thunderclouds outside yet not full enough to cast down their moisture. We are anticipating more rain later today. I am thankful.

I am thinking...
of the tasks I need to do this week. It's busy. The kids are registering this week for school. Emma has a doctors appointment to get back into public school (don't get me started on all the things required for public school...okay...get me started!). Emma and Austin are leaving this Wednesday for California, Antonucci's are visiting for a couple days...

I am thankful for...
the wonderful, spirit-filled time the church kids had at the New Wilmington Mission Conference. I told Dave last night a highlight of my life which I will cherish to my dying days was seeing our group of kids stand up in church yesterday when they chose a hymn to sing, hugging the shoulder next to them and loudly and full of worship and thankful sang out the song. You see, in our congregation people don't stand unless they're told and they certainly don't hug, again, unless their told. The young ones are showing us how it is done. Each of them have stories to tell, and eagerly do, about God speaking into their hearts. It thrills me to see my kids own their faith!

From the kitchen...
coffee is percolating and the refrigerator is humming

I am creating...
by old, new routine of the day. I'm getting back into exercise. I've been off my track for about six weeks and my mind, body and spirit can feel it. Last Thursday I started back with Leslie so my exercise ticker should be moving up this week.

I am going...
to prime Ian's closet doors. I tried painting on a monogram he designed for himself, oh, about 4 years ago. Never finished. Now he's outgrown it so I've got to remove it.

I am wearing...
My brown Nautica nightgown and my new Jessica McClintock slippers I bought at Tuesday Monrning on Thursday afternoon.
I am reading...
I gave up on the Sound and the Fury. Carol, one of the adults who went to the mission conference purchased a book up there which she just finished and passed on to me: I Would Die For You by Brent and Deanna Higgins.

I am hoping...
it stays moderately cool for the rest of the summer and Emma's doctor visit on Wednesday moves smoothly and quickly since she's flying out to California (to visit aunts, cousins, grandmother) in the evening and we've got to leave town by 4:30 to get to the airport on time.

I am hearing...
the cat pouncing around the furniture. I'm ready to list her on freecycle. My window sheers are totally shreaded. EERRGH!

Around the house...
I'm almost done with the seven loads of laundry from the kids week at the conference. I WILL FOLD AND IRON AND PUT AWAY ALL OF IT TODAY. Do you hear me, I will I say, I will!!!

One of my favorite things...
my kids maturing and coming into their own personalities, characters.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
You can kind of tell it's going to be a busy week. We have dear friends who've been overseas for several years, now returning for husband/father to go to graduate school in Boston. Even though their stay is brief it will be heart-warming. Iris (wife/mother) is one of the wisests, humblest, truest women I know.

Here is a picture-thought:
sign at the restaurant (the Flying Fish) we ate at near Beale Street in Memphis, TN, a couple weeks ago.

No comments: