Monday, August 04, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Visit thesimplewoman to read more daybook entries.

Outside my window - the husband is dumping the trash. Thank you!

I am thinking - I'm staying in doors for the next two days since the heat index says it'll be near 110!

I am thankful for - air travel! Aidan, Oma and Opa are leaving Cyprus on Wednesday, spending the night in London and arrive back to St. Louis on Thursday! They've been gone two months and I can't wait to hug my spark again!

From the kitchen  - is a pile of dishes I let stay dirty last night. This is a first for me in a long time. I adopted the FlyLady rule of cleaning out the sink every night and have lived by that axiom for about 2 years, except for last night. And she's right - it does make the morning start out badly!

I am creating - why is this the toughest question to answer every week? I have no idea! Other than memories for my children which I hope they cherish in their hearts - memories of my baked bread, pizza every Friday night, sandwiches on Thursday, sneaking into their rooms and cleaning up for them when I know they're too busy with work/school/friend but helping them out just because, having their friends over for the night and enjoying the noise and mess for 24 hours....

I am going - to mop the floor today. Ebeth reminded me, through her blog, of Murphy's Wood Soap. I used to use it regularly and was seduced by more exotic cleaners. I'm now back to the simple because that's what I'm all about these days.

I am reading - nothing yet though I have the Shack reserved at the library. Iris, our last week visitor highly recommended it and I'm all for reading recommended books.

I am wearing - a new-ish grey nightgown I purchased from Goodwill. I love shopping thrift stores. I have found some of my most favorite clothing at these places. This particularly nightgown was brand new, tags still on, and only $2!

I am hoping - Ian has a good day at the ATA. Amateur Trapshooting Association. Our town hosts the World Trapshooting Competition this time of year for two weeks. Ian worked there last year, making decent money. He scores for shooters and sometimes loads the traps. It's all day, in the sun, baking your behind off work but it's work!

I am hearing - Glen Hansard in my head. I downloaded the Once cd off of Itunes and have been playing it almost non-stop. "Trying to Pull Myself Away" is the best.

Around the house - is a floor needing to be mopped, toilets to be scrubbed, same with the shower and tub, carpet to be vacuumed and laundry to wash-dry-put away.

One of my favorite things - is netflix. We get about 5 movies a week through netflix and we've been on a BBC kick lately - see my Foyle's War review. Since we have no TV channels to speak of, this is our entertainment and we usually watch as a family.

A few plans for the rest of the week - try to stay cool. Seems like summer is finally hitting us full force this week.

Here is a picture thought: When Dave was in India last Spring visited this new spiritual center for the Dalits to come, wash and learn (Bible, computer, hygiene, etc.)

3 comments:

Thia said...

That is some hot weather you're having. Hope your book comes in soon so you can stay inside and read until it cools off.

GranthamLynn said...

We have heat here too. I am staying in and visiting everyones daybook posts. Meeting lots of new people.
I enjoyed your post. Stay cool.
Blessings,
Sherry

paulmerrill said...

I forgot if we recommended "Rosemary & Thyme" (Netflix).

Heather & I finished the first "Foyle's War" Sunday evening. Great show! We'll see more of them, for sure. And very soon.