Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Things

Two things I've noticed during this election:
1) Our government, better yet, our elected-officials aren't working for the people of the United States. Better yet, it's a few of our elected officials who have most of the power and use it to their personal advantage, threatening those other elected officials who disagree and refuse to vote in their tainted bills.
2) Our media works for themselves. An institution which was established for the purpose of informing the masses the truth has gone bad. I am thankful we are in the days of the internet and can look up what a reporter reports for accuracy and bias. Unfortunately that bias inhabits the majority of our media and they refuse to confess. I wonder how much of the voting base has access to fact checking sources (I turn to newsbusters.org) and simply believe everything the see. I wonder how long this bias has been going on, how it has swept in and how it is tainted history. 

I'm baffled when I hear pundits  predict the ruined economy is aiding Obama's poll numbers. From these polls I can only assume the vast majority of folks have no idea how our country got into this mess (or I could assume the polling question was skewed but that would lead me down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and I'm not willing to go there...yet). Don't people get it? And to hear Nancy Pelosi blame the Bush administration for this - solely blame - I shake my head it despair.

I've been reading from a blog which is new to me: theanchoressonline.com She has daily political updates which are linked to and from many other news sources/blogs. Very informative, very compelling. And she also include prayer. In these days we must be humbly seeking God's face, His mercy, His healing. Psalm 146 echoes in my heart:

Praise the LORD. 
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

I will praise the LORD all my life; 
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Do not put your trust in princes, 
in mortal men, who cannot save.

When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; 
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, 
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

the Maker of heaven and earth, 
the sea, and everything in them— 
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

He upholds the cause of the oppressed 
and gives food to the hungry. 
The LORD sets prisoners free,

the LORD gives sight to the blind, 
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, 
the LORD loves the righteous.

The LORD watches over the alien 
and sustains the fatherless and the widow, 
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

The LORD reigns forever, 
your God, O Zion, for all generations. 
Praise the LORD.

No comments: