Monday, January 19, 2009

I am Thankful for President Bush


So much has been written lately about President Bush - some positive, some negative and some surprising. I have not enjoyed his support of the economic bailout - abdicating free market principles, but overall I believe Pres. Bush has been one of our most dedicated, selfless, misunderstood and underestimated presidents. A couple years ago we toured the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. It was startling to read the newspaper accounts and opinions of President Lincoln. It was as if journalists from today time-traveled back to 1860 - almost identical cartoons and rants. How long did it take for the country to honor and revere Lincoln? I don't know. But I have a feeling history will look on President Bush with much more favor than his contemporaries have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too, Barb. Me too. I love that picture, BTW. Excellent. I think it tells a LOT about his heart.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Barbie...I agree with you about President Bush. As I watch the inagural parade I can only pray that our new president will also be a good president.

Barb said...

The picture is what compelled me to write a thank you.