Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pasta with Lemon Butter and Scallops

Tonight's fare was once again from Donna Hay: Pasta with Lemon Butter and Scallops. Unfortunately Aldi was not carrying scallops but did have a frozen bag of Fruits de Mer (scallops, shrimp and calimari). I know fresh would be so much better but....

It was a success so here's the recipe: Cook pasta (I used 12 oz. spaghetti but Donna recommended fresh fettucine). In pan melt 4 oz butter and 2 T. olive oil. Add zest of one whole lemon and a dash of pepper. Cook for one minute. Add the sea food and cook for just one minute (until done, doesn't take long, so watch it). Add the pasta in and mix thoroughly. The recipe does not call for salt nor parmesan but we added both. The lemon gives a very nice flavor to this dish, very refreshing. I hope you enjoy it.

Now lest you think my entire family enjoys my cooking here is what my youngest (5yo) choses to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner....
Lucky Charms, without the charms (those, of course, get eaten first)

2 comments:

robyn yates said...

NO MORE READING YOUR BLOG AT 5:40 when I'm already hungry for dinner!!!

the Provident Woman said...

That pasta looks fabulous!

I have a giveaway at theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar – ends Friday at 10 pm